Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Home-made Barbecue Sauce

I decided a while back that I would start cooking from scratch more. I have found a wonderful recipe for Barbecue Sauce and it is super simple. It's not a secret family recipe; I just found it online and tweaked it to my liking, so I thought I'd share it. It's better than any store-bought barbecue sauce for sure.

Here's what you'll need:
1 c. ketchup (I used Heinz)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. vinegar
1/4 c. grape jelly
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan on medium heat. Stir until grape jelly has dissolved.

If the sauce starts bubbling & spattering turn the heat down a little. It sure hurts

That's it! Super simple and super yummy! The best part is: you know what's in it!!! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Madi makes home made BBQ sauce as well for us. I am not sure what she uses but its delish. NOW, you got to make homemade ketchup so you can get rid of that HFC in Heinz. And you will be amazed how simple it is! I make it up in large batches and can them, easy peasy! I replace the sugar in mine with honey, yum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know how to make my own jelly too!
    I have to get this house back in order first. My kitchen is still upside down. Still not finished. I keep finding spots that were missed or needs another coat.
    We are thinking of taking out my kitchen window and replacing it with a door and we're going to have to cut through some brick to get it done. Ugh. Lots of room changes will be going on soon. I can't take this lack of privacy anymore. It's insane.

    ReplyDelete