Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Cornbread

So, I have begun my journey in cooking from scratch. My first mission is to find a good recipe for cornbread. I tried one I found on the internet last night, but it did not satisfy my taste buds. I used to use Jiffy cornbread mix and I loved it, but that is hardly cooking from scratch. I will be trying several recipes until I find just the right one. I may be trying dozens...ugh. It will be worth it in the end though. I want my family to have healthy home cooking made with love instead of something prepackaged with ingredients I can't pronounce. I have been given a link to a website from a seasoned "scratch cooker" so I will start there. Maybe...hopefully, I won't have to look any further. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Crizzle,
    There is trial and error, but the great part is you also learn how to correct recipes. Or how to make them better. Years ago when I began to cook from scratch, I was so overwhelmed. Now....it's become part of who I am. It takes time, it takes patience....but it takes what you already have, a desire to feed your family better. :)
    Love you girlie!
    God Bless,
    Michele aka SeaChele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to have a very hard time finding a recipe that compares to my Jiffy mix. It is so good. I have been eating that all of my life. I may have to let that one slide and stick with it. I have yet to try the recipe you referred to me though. I have printed it out though and it will be my next go at it.

    ReplyDelete