Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Friday, February 19, 2010

iPod Brownies

For my stepdaughter's 11th birthday, we were going to be outdoors at a park. I decided a cake would be a bit of a hassle to serve outdoors. Cupcakes can be fun, but I wanted to try something different, so I decided to make these iPod brownies.



They look a little worse for the wear after the trip to the park and back, but you get the picture. It took some time, but they were a big hit.  I think after all was said and done, it took me four hours to make two dozen of these.  All the effort paid off though. The kids (and parents) loved them.   The recipe is in the June 20, 2006 issue of Woman's Day. 

2 comments:

  1. Crizzle, did you use fondant? Those are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They were hard work.
    No, it was store bought white fluffy whipped icing that had been dyed with gel food color and microwaved 5 seconds at a time until it was just melted enough to be a little runny. Then I poured it over each brownie a tablespoon at a time until it was covered. They were sitting on a cooling rack with wax paper underneath so that the frosting didn't build up around the edges. Then just let the icing set and decorate.

    ReplyDelete